* Alan * Robin * Kimberly * Benjamin *Zachary * Nicholas *

The Daniels Family - California Edition
_____________________________


Monday, September 17, 2012

Another Birthday for Kimberly






Kimberly turned 6 this past weekend.  I can't believe I have a kid that old!  Though I suppose I'll say that every year for the rest of her life.  It was very low key.  Grandpa came over and Kelly, Josh and the kids for cake and ice cream and presents.  Grandma was out of town so she joined us VIA skype.  I think Kimberly enjoyed herself even though I didn't let her have a "friend" party this year.  She got some hair stuff and perfume and new clothes.  The Oram clan got her a gift certificate to go get her first manicure and pedicure since she LOVES to paint her nails.  While we were getting her nails done, she was so quiet which is unlike her.  When we left I asked her what was up with that, but she just said that she was being shy.  Hmmmmm??  Anyway, she loves the new look of her hands and feet.  She picked a bright pink color and the lady did a matching flower design on her hands and toes. 

Alan finally found out this morning that he passed his comprehensive exam.  Took long enough! The last month has been torturous for him waiting to find out.  But he is going to graduate, officially.  I am super proud of him and really excited for him to have his evenings back.  He says he is going to use the extra time to work out and get in shape.  He thinks he can loose 10 pounds before the reunion.  I think he's full of it, but a girl can hope right?

I have been sick for about 10 days and I just can't seem to kick this stupid cold I have.  It gave me a really nasty ear infection.  I got antibiotics and the pain has gone away, but there is still so much fluid in my ear that I can't hear a darn thing.  It really stinks being pregnant and sick.  Plus I have a cold sore the size of Texas on my face.  Yuck!

Benjamin has had 2 soccer games now.  He says he is having fun and I really believe that he is.  But I think he is going to be "that kid".  You know, the one who stands in the field and chases butterflies when he should be chasing the soccer ball?  He was upset because nobody was passing him the ball.  I giggled at that comment because if you have ever watched 4 year olds play soccer you know that NOBODY passes the ball.  They all huddle up and kick it at the same time.  So maybe he is just ahead of himself in his expectations and not totally clueless/lost like I originally thought he might be.  Either way, it is still dang cute to watch!

1 comment:

Callie said...

I woke up today thinking Hey it was Kimberly's birthday" and then I read this post. Happy Birthday Miss Kimberly! I can't believe you are 6!