* Alan * Robin * Kimberly * Benjamin *Zachary * Nicholas *

The Daniels Family - California Edition
_____________________________


Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Long Time No Write







Alan is on my case to update so, though it's been 6 or 7 months here I go.  I missed a bunch of holidays that I cant possibly re-cap, including Christmas.  Also a pregnancy announcement....Whoops.  Baby number 4 is due on December 16th.  We have decided to let it be a surprise as far a gender is concerned!  So we'll see in December who our addition is.  I am now serving in the RS as 1st Counselor and Alan was the Asst. Priest Quorum Adviser until last week.  It isn't official yet but he is going back to youth Sunday School teacher on Sunday.   He will be done with grad school at the end of this month.....Yay!  And he has been bounced around at work a lot lately.  He was an admissions manager, then a floor trainer, then an admissions manager, now a floor trainer again.  And I think he is going to be the manager for the POD soon.  But who knows how long that will last.  He still has a job though and that is definitely something to be grateful for.  I'm still selling houses, though the market is hard for buyers right now so I'm not super busy.


We still live in the same house and it has been a whole year.  I know, we are setting records here!  At the end of September we will have been here in Maricopa for 4 years.  That is a long time for me to be anywhere.  The kids are getting so big and Kimberly will be starting 1st grade on Monday.  Too bad Benjamin has to wait another whole year before he starts Kindergarten.  He wants to go so bad.

We recently returned from a trip to Utah.  I took the kids to see Alan's family, all by myself.  That was definitely an experience.  The car ride was horrible, all smushed in the little car but other than that we had a really nice time.  The kids enjoyed seeing their cousins and that was the main reason I took them.  They have gotten to know my side of the family so well since we live so close to each other.  I want to make sure that they are equally close with Alan's side of the family.  All the pictures I am posting are from the trip.

And of course, most importantly, I have failed to record the last 6 months worth of funny things my kids have said.  How am I going write my million dollar book if I forget these things because I didn't write them down?  I will have to compile some things and add a post in the next day or two for posterity's sake.  So if you need a good laugh, stay tuned. :-)

No comments: