* Alan * Robin * Kimberly * Benjamin *Zachary * Nicholas *

The Daniels Family - California Edition
_____________________________


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fantastic Funny Bones and Groundings


I was at the computer this afternoon doing some stuff for work and realized that it had gotten unusually quiet. Silent in fact. So I walked out to find my children. And what were they doing? They were doing the dishes! :) They had pulled the stool out of the bathroom and were standing at the sink. Kimberly was washing and Benjamin was rinsing. I guess Kimberly had decided that the kitchen was more dirty than she could handle.

I need to be better at recording the funny things my kids say. So here are a couple of brief conversations with Kimberly this past week. The first one comes from having watched too much of the movie Hairspray recently. (This is the kid's current favorite.)

Kimberly: Mom? Are mouths bones?
Robin: Yes, mouths are bones and muscles.
Kimberly: Where is my funny bone?
Robin: Right here on your elbow.
Kimberly: My funny bone just told me a joke and it made me laugh!

Kimberly has had a problem with wetting her pants recently. We have tried every kind of punishment and reinforcement possible. Nothing seems to work. Finally one day after 2 "accidents" before 10AM I told her that next time she would be grounded from TV for the rest of the day. This conversation happened upon the 3rd "accident".

Robin: Kimberly, since you wet your pants again you are now grounded from TV for the rest of
the day.
Kimberly: What does grounded mean?
Robin: It means when you can't do something anymore.
Kimberly: Well then you are grounded all day!
Robin: What am I grounded from?
Kimberly: You are grounded from being mean to me!

She couldn't have been too mad because yesterday in the car she asked me....
Kimberly: Mom? Do you know who is FANTASTIC?
Robin: Who?
Kimberly: YOU are fantastic!
Then she said "I love you mother" in sign language.

4 comments:

Callie said...

She is freaking adorable! Hey I am might be coming to do some training sometime...can Liv and I stop by for a visit?

Nanette said...

Can your kids come to my house and do the dishes?

Aaron, Vicki Tunell said...

So cute! I bet her comments just make you so happy. I love hearing I love you from my kids. Hope you are doing well

Vicki

The Goss Family said...

Your kids are so stinking cute! It's fun to hear what you guys are up to and how much they are growing.